3 Gems Designs Measuring for Custom Chaps Read carefully before you measure. Print this page or copy and paste into your e-mail.
Take your measurements wearing your actual show pants, belt, and boots. These should be the same clothes you wear when you show.
Do not try to measure yourself, have someone measure you. Follow directions exactly.
Use a soft measuring tape. These are available at most fabric stores or drugstores.
Pull the tape so that it rests comfortably on your leg. Not too tight, not too loose.
DO NOT ADD OR SUBTRACT FROM YOUR MEASUREMENTS as exact measurements are necessary for construction. Please call our chap experts with special sizing requirements such as extra length or growth room for children.
Measure using INCHES
Did you take measurements with your boots, belt, and show pants on?
1.WAIST: Just below the belt line. Tape should touch lower edge of belt.
2. UPPER THIGH Measure straight around the thigh at the uppermost point possible.
3. MID THIGH Measure half way between upper thigh measurement and center of knee.
4. KNEE Center of the knee.
5. CALF Measure at the heaviest part of the calf.
6. OUTSEAM Just below the belt to the ground. Tape should touch the lower edge of the belt and follow side seam of pants to the ground. DO NOT ADD.
7. INSEAM From the crotch straight to the ground along inner seam of pants. DO NOT ADD.
8. HIP TO THIGH From top of chap to crotch. 9. THIGH TO KNEE Measure from the crotch to the center of the knee.
These chaps will take 2-3 weeks for delivery. Please confirm. Contact us for accurate estimate.